In the fairy tale criminal justice system, the characters from fairy tales and nursery rhymes are represented by two separate yet equally ridiculous groups: the fairy tale police who investigate fairy tale crime, and the fairy tale district attorneys who prosecute the fairy tale offenders. These are their stories.
(There's also a follow-up to this play called Law & Order: Fairy Tale Unit - Episode 2 -- either play can be performed independently of the other.)
- 40-45 minutes
- 13 females, 8 males, 27 either (25-60 actors possible: 0-60 females, 0-60 males)
Awards & Honors
- #4 most-produced high school short play in 2011-2012 (Educational Theatre Association)
- Playscripts, Inc., 2007
- Actor's Choice: Monologues for Teens (Playscripts, 2008)
- Random Acts of Comedy: 15 Hit One-Act Plays for Student Actors (Playscripts, 2011)
- This play has been rewritten since publication.